3 Keys to a Successful Heat Treatment:
- Bring Heat. Electric bed bug heaters are placed within the space; introducing and recirculating heated air with a target temperature not to exceed 135°F.
- Monitor. Temperatures are monitored in real time from a remote location using wireless sensors to ensure lethal temperatures are reached without damaging the space and its contents.
- Move Air. High temperature fans move heated air throughout the space to reach insects in cracks and crevices or high infestation zones.
Advantages to Heat Treatment:
- Heat Treatment works where chemicals fail. No toxic fumes, no residue.
- Kills every life stage from egg to adult.
- Unlike chemicals bed bugs are attracted to heat – they won’t simply move to re-infest another day.
- Infested items will not need to be thrown away.
- Our trucks are discrete and the process is completed in one working day.
Heat Treatment is a proven non-chemical method of killing bed bugs. All life stages (adult, larva, and eggs) die within minutes at a temperature of 120 degrees F. Using 460 volt electric heaters powered by a trailer mounted diesel generator. Heat Treatment introduces temperatures greater than 120 degrees F(lethal temperature) and less than 140 degrees F (content damaging temperature).
Heat Treatment monitors temperatures in real time with 24 wireless sensors placed in treated areas to ensure lethal temperatures are reached throughout the area and its contents. High temperature blowers are positioned to move the heated air throughout the space, through mattresses, baseboards, cracks and crevices.
Depending on room furnishings, floor surfaces, clutter and square footage the treatment will take between 7 and 12 hours.